5 Ways to Kickstart Your Sales in 2022
I have spoken to many business owners with whom I share advice, trying to find out what they are doing wrong and how I can help them improve their sales.
In my experience, there are three primary reasons why small companies do not increase in sales: lack of a consistent message, lack of knowledge, and lack of investment (money) in their business. In all three cases, it can be difficult to find a solution, but here I will hopefully be able to share some advice that will help you grow your business in 2022!
First of all, let's discuss the lack of a consistent message.
If your company's message is not clear to your customers you will never be able to increase your sales.
You must be consistent with the way you communicate with customers and it needs to give value. Value is given when you educate your audience and when you solve their problems, so do both.
If your messages are all over the place, people will get confused and probably lose interest. If all you focus on is sales, people will feel that you don't care about them and their problems, only your bottom line.
Now let's look at knowledge – using the right type of knowledge to grow your business might be the solution you have been looking for.
In my experience, poor sales figures can be linked back to a lack of knowledge in many cases. Sometimes this is just a problem with not knowing enough about particular aspects of marketing or sales, while at other times it can be a more general problem such as only knowing how to use one sales technique.
When it comes to increasing sales, knowledge is power.
For example, if you are trying to sell something at a higher price than your competitors but you lack information about why someone might be willing to pay more for your product in the first place, then you may have a hard time gaining sales. On the other hand, if you know why your product is better than anyone else's and how you can use this to your advantage in sales, then you should be able to increase your conversion rate quite easily.
Third, let's look at money. Even if you get your sales knowledge and motivation correct, poor investment in your business can act as a barrier to increasing your sales. For me, this is often linked back to a lack of marketing knowledge.
When starting an online marketing campaign, for example, it is important to consider the difference between short-term and long-term goals. Using low-cost campaigns to try and gain a lot of sales very quickly is not going to have much of an impact if those same customers do not come back a few months later. Similarly, long-term targeting might lead to a lower conversion rate for the first couple of weeks that you run it but will eventually increase your customer base as well as your average order value (AOV) if you know what you are doing.
At the end of the day, having a high AOV is critical to business growth. If you can keep customers spending more on each order then that makes it far easier to grow your sales and profits steadily over time – people like spending money on products they enjoy and services that solve their problems.
Here are 5 ways to address these issues and kickstart your sales in 2022:
1. Get your sales knowledge up-to-date. Do this by learning about the latest innovations in your field, reading books and blogs relevant to your niche, or talking to mentors. You can also complete courses at universities within your industry if you are interested in learning more about certain aspects of it.
2. Increase your motivation to drive success. Do this by thinking about the bigger picture and visualizing what success in your field would look like. This is a great way to stay motivated when times get tough and it will also help to keep you focused on achieving long-term goals in your business.
3. Know where the money for your business is being spent currently and if it needs shifting to another area. Do this by making sure you have an up-to-date budget for your business and by using the right tools to track where sales are coming from.
4. Consider using marketing automation tools to help you grow faster without ruining the customer experience. Do this by checking that the tool you are using is easy to use, useful for your business's unique needs, and will allow you to automate marketing tasks without sacrificing quality. If you need a list of automation tools, check out our blog here.
5. Build a customer loyalty program that rewards customers for making repeat purchases. Do this by thinking about how you can make your customers' experience better by offering discounts or rewards, and then creating a strategy to implement this.
When it comes down to it, many small changes can be made to improve your sales numbers.
The key thing is to not become overwhelmed but to take it one step at a time and keep on top of developing your knowledge in this area as well as motivation to keep you going through the tough times.
After all, continuing to develop yourself is always better than taking no action at all.
If you're ready to focus on building your sales, book a free strategy session with me today. We'll discuss your business, sales goals, and actionable steps you need to take to achieve them.